If you’re looking for a way to keep fit during your stay in Juneau, Alaska, head to Mountainside Wellness. Whether you’re traveling for business or for pleasure, this local fitness center is the perfect way to get in a quick exercise class. Unlike many gyms, Mountainside does not require attendees to be members of their facility. That makes it the perfect place for guests of Silverbow Inn! Get the details about the many classes available at this center, as well as how you can attend one of the courses during your next stay.
Attend a Class at Mountainside Wellness
Mountainside Wellness is just a five-minute walk from Silverbow Inn. This stroll is the perfect warm-up to an invigorating class! Their schedule includes five different types of courses:
- Barre, Pole, or Dance Classes: Improve strength, flexibility, and mobility when you book their Barre, Dance, or Pole Fitness classes. All three of these classes are appropriate for all skill levels. There are also private pole fitness classes available by appointment.
- Conditioning Classes: There are four available conditioning classes. HIIT Conditioning uses kettlebells, BOSU balls, and other types of small fitness equipment, with short intervals of cardio. Suspension Training is a quick 30-minute session with a smaller class size. Functional Fitness is a high-intensity one-hour circuit which includes shadow boxing, kettlebells, and so much more. Finally, Lock and Load concentrates on using dumbbells in a smart way. Here, you’ll find fewer reps with more weight, as well as bodyweight resistance exercises.
- Cycling Classes: Cycling is one of the best low-impact cardio exercises out there. If you sign up for a class in advance, you’ll have a bike guaranteed when you get there, so be sure to book ahead of time.
- Recovery Classes: If you need a break from high-intensity training or you’d like to get centered during your stay, book one of their recovery classes. Roll and Restore combines foam rollers and yoga poses for a gentle experience. Their traditional yoga class is another relaxing exercise, focusing on breath work and stress relief. Book the best yoga classes in Juneau, AK!
- Aerial: For a truly unique experience, register for one of the Aerial Classes! Their Aerial Yoga FUNdamentals class is perfect for beginners. Have fun while you exercise!
Stay at Silverbow Inn
When you’re done with your class at Mountainside Wellness, return to Silverbow Inn for an evening of relaxation. There’s nothing better for sore muscles than a relaxing soak in our rooftop hot tub, one of many convenient amenities featured in our modern boutique hotel. When you’re ready for dinner, you can walk to any of the one-dozen restaurants or bars located within three blocks of Silverbow Inn!
If you’re looking for adventure, consider enhancing your stay with one of our Juneau vacation specials! There’s no better way to experience the beauty of the Alaskan wilderness than with one of our amazing packages. Consider booking the Mendenhall Glacier Blue Trek & Climb, which is our longest day tour. You’ll start by hiking through the Tongass National Forest to the famous glacier. There, you’ll explore ice features, including caves, moulins, and more. Add this fantastic opportunity to your reservation with Silverbow Inn!
Check our availability and book today! We look forward to having you.